Saturday, March 19, 2011

4th Term - winding down!

This week, we will begin a unit on the Holocaust. As a teacher, I am concerned about the lack of tolerance in the lives of our students. In my classes, we will discuss articles, watch movies, and read books that deal with tolerance, diversity, and identity. I have worked on this unit for over 15 years, and have selected activities that hopefully, will make my students think about how they treat others or would like to be treated.

Monday - journal activity on responsibility
Tuesday - library check out - books will be chosen by students - subjects can deal with fiction/non-fiction subjects of the Holocaust or events during WWII.
Wednesday - Spelling quiz on Voc. #9; read articles about 'lack of tolerance' in a variety of settings
Thursday/Friday - watch "The Wave" a movie about how easily people are influenced; begin 'Bomb Shelter' Activity

Contact me at the school if you have questions. Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment